LMCTV Announces Exciting Rebrand and Becomes “LMC Media”
Rebrand Reflects the Organization’s Expansion and Growth
Larchmont, N.Y., June 16, 2020 – LMCTV, a community-based media platform, today announced an important rebranding initiative and official name change to LMC Media. These changes are a reflection on the company’s expanded services and offerings to the local, and now regional, community that has evolved over the years. The non-profit organization, which was started in 1983, has expanded from a local cable TV station to a fully equipped media powerhouse.
Being a cohesive part of the community has been LMC Media’s main focus and during the past few years, the organization has greatly expanded its services to offer new ways to bring the community together. Some examples of this expansion include:
- LMC Media’s studio space houses a full HD TV studio featuring a Newtek Professional Switcher and an LED Lighting Grid. The studio is available for productions, auditions, rehearsals or gatherings. It has seven fully equipped editing stations for producers and artists to put the final touches on their productions.
- LMC Media offers affordable equipment and space rentals for video recording, which is important for anyone who does not have access or the means to do so on their own.
- LMC Media offers creative services, including video creation, to businesses and non-profits, whereby they can hire LMC Media’s staff to write, direct, produce and edit their video projects.
- Podcasts have become widely popular, and LMC Media has made it easy for community members to create professionally recorded and edited podcasts with their dedicated audio recording studio.
- Continued learning is also an important part of LMC Media’s mission, and they now offer many workshops and technology classes – ranging from film making skills, scriptwriting, editing, photoshop, and even studio production. There are also several film classes for movie buffs looking to expand their knowledge.
- A top-notch internship program for students from neighboring area schools who have a strong interest in film and television.
- For kids, LMC Media offers STEM workshops and one-of-a-kind birthday parties — with fun themes ranging from video game commentary, to princess tea parties in front of a castle, green screen fun and even creating pretend news broadcast stories.
LMC Media is also excited for its mobile production van to roll into town this summer. This “studio on wheels” features a full ROSS Switcher and graphics package as well as WiFi uplinks, allowing LMC to go live from practically anywhere.
LMC Media will now offer two expanded annual membership packages that entitle members to utilize the studio and its programs.
- For residents/employees of the Village of Larchmont, Town of Mamaroneck, or Village of Mamaroneck ($50 per year), which includes:
- Two classes or orientations annually, one field equipment use per month, four editing equipment uses monthly, one TV studio recording use per month, one audio studio recording per month and one space (non-recording) use per month. Senior citizens and students will have access to a reduced rate.
- Non-Residential Membership for individuals living and working outside of the Larchmont or Mamaroneck communities ($300 per year), which includes:
- Two classes or orientations annually, one field equipment use per month, four editing equipment uses monthly, four TV studio recording uses annually, one audio studio recording per month and four space (non-recording) uses annually.
LMC Media will continue to produce live and taped broadcasts of more than 120 local municipal and school board meetings throughout the year, as well as local news stories, to keep the community informed about important happenings. It will also continue its coverage of over 70 local high school varsity sports contests every year. Viewers can watch on Optimum (channels 75, 76, 77) and Verizon (channels 34, 35, 36) and lmcmedia.org.
“We are thrilled to unveil our refreshed branding and new logo that reflects LMC Media as a vibrant and growing organization. It was important to also change our name, as we are a media focused organization and our name needed to reflect that,” said Matt Sullivan, Executive Director of LMC Media. “I am excited about all that we can bring to the community and the marketing resource we can serve as for local businesses, since video is more critical than ever before in storytelling,” added Sullivan.
LMC Media is always inspired to add new volunteers to the organization as well. Volunteering at LMC Media provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of production, including various roles in the TV studio, operating equipment in the field and how to edit a project in post-production. No experience is necessary – as LMC Media will train you!
If you, or someone you know, are interested in volunteering , or perhaps might be a great fit to serve on LMC Media’s Board of Directors, and would like to submit an application, please contact Matt Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LMC Media is a non-profit corporation organized under section 501 (C)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Act, as such it heavily relies on donations and sponsorships to fulfil its mission of encouraging freedom of speech and public dialogue. To make a donation, please click here.