The Village of Mamaroneck’s Ad Hoc Police Reform and Reinvention (PRRC) Advisory Committee will host a Public Forum on
Thursday, December 10th at 7:00pm
via ZOOM (see below for login information).
“The Village is reaching out to all residents and sections of Mamaroneck to have participation that reflects our diversity,” said Village of Mamaroneck Mayor Tom Murphy. “We encourage everyone to share their views and opinions.”
Earlier this year, Governor Andrew Cuomo signed Executive Order 203 to reinvent and modernize police strategies and programs – requiring every police department in New York State to develop a reform plan with community input. For every municipality’s police department, the plan:
- Must address policies, procedures, practices, and deployment.
- Must certify that they have engaged stakeholders in a public and open process on policing strategies and tools.
- Must be presented to the public for comment.
- Must have a legislative body certify the plan.
The PRRC’s Public Forum on Thursday, December 10th will be the second and final Public Forum following one that took place on Tuesday, December 1st. Individuals wishing to participate in the Public Forum are encouraged to prepare their statements beforehand and will be asked to limit their statements to 3 minutes. In addition to these two Public Forums, an online (and print-version) Survey (in both ENGLISH and SPANISH) is being developed that will provide individuals another way to share their opinions and experiences. The link to the Survey will be posted under the “Village News” section on the Village’s homepage in the coming week.
Information gathered from the Public Forums and Survey, when complete, will be developed by the PRRC into a collaborative police reform and reinvention plan as a way to improve the services, processes, and reputation of the Village of Mamaroneck’s Police Department (VMPD). The plan, which will be certified by the Village of Mamaroneck Board of Trustees, will be submitted to New York State on March 31, 2021.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,93434676575# or +13126266799,,93434676575#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 934 3467 6575
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/
In addition to participating in the Public Forum via ZOOM, residents and individuals are invited to watch the Public Forum through the following channels:
- The Village of Mamaroneck’s Public Meetings YouTube Channel.
- LMC Media also has a variety of platforms through which individuals can view this Public Forum (LMC’s YouTube Channel, LMCMedia.org website, Channel 76 Optimum/35 Verizon or the Cablecast Screenweave App for a Roku Device or Apple TV … just to name a few). Click this link to see all the ways you can watch this Public Forum via LMC Media and pick the one best suited to your needs.